Five Spring Break Travel Tips For A Day At The Georgia Aquarium! #familytravel

Spring break is coming up, and I am SO READY! This break symbolizes more than just the promise of warmer weather ahead – it’s also a great time to get out and explore some really neat places with family.

One of my very favorite places to explore in Atlanta is the Georgia Aquarium. I’ve been to the Aquarium a few times over the past couple years, and each time, I find something new to love about this popular Atlanta attraction.

On our last visit, we got up close and personal with some of the Georgia Aquarium’s fish, coral, anemones — and sharks! Take a peek:

Behind the scenes at Georgia Aquarium | Classic Mommy | Atlanta Mom Blogger

To see more images, visit my Georgia Aquarium Behind the Scenes Google+ album! I’d love for you to ‘circle’ me!

The wonderful folks at the Georgia Aquarium were kind enough to share some excellent tips for a spring break visit to the Aquarium. These tips will help you and your family get the most out of your visit and create memories that last.

Spring Break Travel Tips For A Day At The Georgia Aquarium

1. Engage them with education before your trip….at home!

• Get your family excited about a trip by visiting the attraction’s website to explore activities that you can print out and do together.
  • Everybody loves coming to the Aquarium, but there’s a way to wiggle in education. Harness that excitement and put it towards a learning experience before you arrive. Kids Corner is a different way to approach the trip and make it a learning experience.

2. Use tools to plan.

• Build your experience beforehand to maximize your time at the attraction. Most attractions have an interactive webpage to help make planning your visit a seamless process. The Aquarium’s Plan Your Visit page helps you research the experiences the Aquarium has to offer and make ticket, parking and add-on program purchases.

3. Take tips from tourism experts.

Georgia Aquarium Insider Tips:

• Pay for parking online ahead of time.
  • Tuesday and Wednesday mornings are the least crowded times.
  • Visit early or late in the day to avoid the busiest times.
  • Plan your visit around free activities offered throughout the day.
  • AT&T Dolphin Tales: choose your seats no later than 20 minutes before the show, the best seats in the house are at the top of the lower half section.
  • Interactive Dive Shows : Tropical Diver and Ocean Voyager galleries have divers that answer visitors questions while underwater
  • Animal Feedings: Check out computer screens outside each gallery with daily feeding times for marquee animals.

4. Have a hands-free experience.

Give your technology a break and live in the moment. You can still manage to capture the memories by taking fewer but more impactful photos.

Georgia Aquarium provides a beautiful backdrop for photos that are perfect to help your social network follow your trip!

• “One For the Grandparents”: the Pacific Barrier Reef Window inside the Tropical Diver gallery has great lighting and livens up your photo with colorful fish.
  • “Look Where I Am”: Off Baker Street Entrance, just near the newspaper stand, you can capture the full Georgia Aquarium façade.
  • “The Perfect Silhouette”: It is no surprise Ocean Voyager provides an artistic backdrop for a photo; many movies have chosen this gallery to feature in their films.
  • “Just Another Fish in the Sea”: Many of the exhibits feature windows where children can get up close and almost look as if they are inside with some of their favorite animals. Try making a scary face inside our Piranha exhibit in River Scout!
  • “Bird’s Eye View”: Make a pit stop after you exit Cold Water Quest, to capture the World’s Most Magical Aquarium from a second floor vantage point.

5. Make the most of family time.

• Break out the map – make the most of your visit by researching which “must-see” locations are close. Planning ahead will help minimize parking fees and reduce travel time.
  • Conveniently located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia Aquarium is the perfect starting point for a day filled with family fun. There are 6 hotels, 5 (soon to be 7!) attractions and 17 restaurants all within a 12-minute walk from the front door of Georgia Aquarium.

Have you visited the Georgia Aquarium recently? What’s your favorite area to explore?

We received a complimentary visit and tour in exchange for our partnership. All opinions come from my personal experience at the attraction.

22 Flares Pin It Share 0 Twitter 16 Facebook 3 Google+ 1 Email -- Email to a friend LinkedIn 2 StumbleUpon 0 22 Flares ×

This entry was posted in Atlanta, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Five Spring Break Travel Tips For A Day At The Georgia Aquarium! #familytravel

1. I like that you mentioned educating them at home before going. I always try to do that with my boys, too. It makes the things really come to life when you see them for real after reading about them online.

2. i love aquariums. We live in TX but we have a nice one in Dallas

3. Amber K says:

Aquariums rock! I’ve only been to 2, but they are so fascinating.

4. Kita Bryant says:

I have been to the aquarium but never inside I always just go to the banquet halls.

5. Wasn’t the behind the scenes an amazing experience? I want to go again with just adults to check it out, too!

6. Oh that looks like a fun aquarium to visit! I sure wish we had one close to us that I could take the kids to!

7. Great tips and that looks like such a fun aquarium. We have one by our house that my daughter really loves to go to.

8. Debbie L. says:

We like to do something educational on every trip. It is amazing what we learn!

9. Kecia says:

James and I have been to the Georgia Aquarium once, but we are hoping to go back with Sawyer and Dawson sometime this month. I’m going to shoot for an “almost” hands-free experience!!

10. Pam W says:

We went to the GA Aquarium last September. It is such a fun aquarium. Thanks for sharing the tips!

11. These are great tips! I love trips to the aquarium. So much fun and so much to learn.

12. sippycupmom says:

These are great tips! I would love to visit sometime, my family loves aquariums.

13. Jessica says:

I’ve visited Georgia a few times in the past and never thought to go to their aquarium! I wish I did though because I love anything involving marine life. The animal feedings are my favorite part.

14. I’ve never been to Georgia except for quickly driving through. I love aquariums so it’s definitely something I;d be interested in going to.

15. Aquariums are one of my favorite things to see when possible. Great tips!

16. Felicia says:

We love the GA aquarium. These are great tips!

17. Aimee says:

I love aquariums and I have heard this one is the best! I hope to visit there one day!

18. Krystal says:

We love watching the fishies in aquariums. The Georgia Aquarium looks bigger than our local one, so it would be a fun one to adventure to. Thanks for sharing!

I’m going there next month and I’m really looking forward to it! I like the plan ahead feature they have!

20. WE used to have an aquarium membership and loved it. My kids love to see the divers feed the fish!

21. I love going to the Georgia Aquarium! We took my oldest daughter there for her birthday last year and she loved it! We’ll be going back soon.

22. Amanda says:

We are going to the aquarium tomorrow! Perfect timing! :)

23. Musings on Motherhood and Mid-Life says:

I haven’t been to the aquarium in Georgia, but we love going to the aquarium in different places when we travel, so thanks for the great tips.

24. kbunn4 says:

My niece lives near Atlanta, and her son loves the aquarium, it is definitely a perfect Spring Break activity.

25. I love aquariums. I would have to go to one closer though.

26. bigbearswife says:

I sure do love Aquariums! They’re always so much fun!

27. So ready for spring. I have not taken my kids to the zoo yet this year and I look forward to doing it.

28. Janel C. says:

Thanks for the great tips! We love aquariums and would really enjoy visiting this one if we ever go to Georgia. Thanks for sharing!

29. Chrysa says:

These are some great tips. My husband has mentioned the Georgia Aquarium and wanting to visit. We will have to make it a trip in the future!

30. I have never been to the Georgia Aquarium but it looks like a blast. I always tried to make museums more than running towards the gift shop and my daughter always had a great time.

31. Toni Patton says:

I would love to visit there sometime. I bet it is a place that will keep kids entertained!

Great tips, we love spending our day at Aquariums!

33. Katie says:

Thank you for reminding me about the Georgia Aquarium! We definitely want to go this year!

34. I haven’t been to this aquarium in many years. But I hope to take my son the time we go visit my parents in TN

An aquarium is a great idea for spring break! Ours is coming up soon.

36. I wish we had an aquarium close by. They always fascinate me. I can’t wait to try to go to the one in Kansas City later on this year.

37. These are great tips! We’re planning a visit to our local aquarium soon!

38. The New Classy says:

I will be going to Atlanta in June and visiting the Georgia Aquarium for the first time! I am really excited. Thanks for all the tips. :)

39. Wonderful tips! We just had spring break. We def kept busy.

40. Pingback: Family-Friendly Atlanta Events For June 2014 | Classic Mommy | BloggerClassic Mommy