The Atlanta Parent Blogger Experience With @DiscoverAtlanta

Atlanta is an amazing city. The people here make music, create beautiful works of art, and exhibit the most unique street style I’ve ever witnessed. It’s no surprise then that Atlanta is known for being a cultural hub – but did you know that Atlanta is also a very family-friendly city?

Atlanta Mom Blogger Event at Turner Field

I recently attended the Atlanta Parent Blogger Experience, where I met with representatives from the city’s best attractions to find out all about the exciting things that are in store for 2014.

I plan to share some exciting details with you in the next couple of months, but in the meantime, here are just a few things to look forward to:

Center For Puppetry Arts

The Center For Puppetry Arts has a lot of things going for it – interesting exhibits, Make-A-Puppet Workshop, and lively entertainment for guests of all ages. Just an example: 1001 Nights (showing now through April 6th) is all about a princess saving the kingdom and features music by Robert Lopez. You might have heard of him recently, as he won an Academy Award for the music he created for Disney’s FROZEN! The Center is expanding this year and will be appx. 8,700 square feet, with the new space set to open in 2015.

Zoo Atlanta

This Spring is a great time to visit Zoo Atlanta! There are a lot of new animal babies to see, and young guests will be delighted that the splash park will open to the public in April. On April 6th, the Zoos Go Blue in support of Autism Awareness Month. The Zoo will open early at 8 a.m. to welcome guests with autism (and their families) so they will be able to enjoy the Zoo before regular operating hours. Activities for the day will focus on color, shape, and sensory discovery, and there will be two quiet zones available for guests that need to take a break.

Six Flags Over Georgia

This year, guests of Six Flags Over Georgia will be delighted to discover the addition of Hurricane Harbor – a new in-park water park! The largest feature of Hurricane Harbor is a 38,000 sq. ft. wave pool that creates waves up to four feet high. This expansion will include thrill slides, relaxing family zones, as well as a children’s activity area with hundreds of interactive components.

Atlanta History Center

Put this on your calendar, and check it twice: April 12th is the annual Sheep to Shawl event at Atlanta History Center, and you will not want to miss it! It’s a full day of activities and demonstrations, including sheep shearing, weaving, candle making, blacksmithing, storytelling, and more! Seriously, don’t miss this fun event. There are a lot of exciting exhibits and events happening at the Atlanta History Center this year, and I’m happy to help you keep up-to-date with the exciting things in store.

What is your favorite Atlanta attraction?

Circle me on Google+ to keep up-to-date with some of the latest Atlanta attraction information. I’ll be adding details and reminders to the page to help you plan your next visit to the city.

If you’re planning an Atlanta vacation (or staycation!) you’ll want to visit the Discover Atlanta site. There you will find an events calendar, restaurant guide, special offers, information about the city’s neighborhoods and nightlife, and more!

14 Flares Pin It Share 0 Twitter 9 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Email -- Email to a friend LinkedIn 3 StumbleUpon 0 14 Flares ×

This entry was posted in Atlanta, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to The Atlanta Parent Blogger Experience With @DiscoverAtlanta

1. Atlanta is one of those places I have always wanted to go to – and I will at some point. This is a great list of things to do there.

2. I love how many fun places there are to visit in Atlanta. I’ve only been to the aquarium so it looks like I have a few more places to go.

3. I really want to go to Atlanta… We always save for Disney but I told my husband the other day we need to venture out .. I want to go to Louisiana and Atlanta.

4. Brandy says:

I have heard great things about Atlanta, but only been there once to switch airplanes. I think i will have to put this on a travel plan some day because we can drive there …. less than 24 hour drive or maybe it’s a 21 hours drive … my Dad went there before I think driving. I thank you for this post about it!

5. suejansons says:

There are definitely some great things to do in Atlanta! May try to stop on my next drive through to check a few out. Thanks for sharing!

6. I need to visit Atlanta. Maybe we should take a road trip down there. I have friends from real life and blogging friends from blog life that live there, and we would have SO Much fun exploring all of the fun attractions!

7. Krystal says:

I would love to go to a Braves game! The movie What to Expect When You’re Expecting was filmed in Atlanta, and it made me want to go to ATL!

8. I would love to visit Atlanta one day. It’s definitely on my “must get there” list!

9. I have never been there! Sounds like an amazing place though!

10. Alison says:

I have only driven through Atlanta, never had the opportunity to stay… but hope to plan a visit in the future.

11. Aimee says:

How fun! I have only been to Atlanta once, and it was for work so I didn’t get to see much. That Puppetry center sounds awesome!

There’s so much to do there! We’ve usually just headed there for soccer tournaments and then just seen the fields!

I drive through Atlanta every year on my way to florida and honestly didnt know they had so much to offer! Maybe I’ll have to stop for a few days on our next trip.

14. Chelsea says:

I’d be very interested in visiting Atlanta! The zoo sounds great. I love that they’re supporting autism awareness month.

15. sippycupmom says:

What a fun experience! There really is a lot to do in Atlanta, we need to visit!

16. Janel C. says:

I can’t wait to visit Atlanta. We really would like to see the Braves play at Turner Field. Thanks for sharing the fun stuff to do there!

17. SixFeetUnderBlog says:

I have been hearing alot about Atlanta lately. Sounds like a fun place.

18. Great recap – and a perfect shot of Danger. What attraction are you most looking forward to visiting?

19. Was checking out everyone’s posts from this event. We need to do something similar in Charlotte.

20. Jessica says:

I have only been to Atlanta once and it was for a short period of time. We didn’t even get to enjoy all of the wonderful sites to see. I would love to go back and visit again!

21. My grandparents lived in Stone Mountain when I was growing up and we loved to visit there. I know it’s not exactly Atlanta, be we really loved visiting Stone Mountain and doing the activities there.

22. I’d love to do a vacation to Atlanta. I’ve only be in the ATL for just a few hours here and there passing through. I’d love to do so many of the things you listed.

23. Toni Patton says:

I bet you had a blast. I love the Atlanta area, it’s got so much to do.

24. it’s been many years since I’ve been to Georgia. I’d love to go back and have the chance to enjoy these things

25. I’ve never been to Atlanta, but I was always a Braves fan growing up. That sounds like a great little conference though to know all the up and coming attractions :-)

26. I’ve never been to Atlanta! I’d like to see it one day.

27. Awww, I love baby animals. Seeing all of the new babies would be very exciting!

28. keikilanij says:

We love Atlanta. Hubby and I got to go to a Braves game when we traveled there before our babies were born. It was one of our most special dates.

Georgia really does have so many great things to do, and the Atlanta area especially. I’d love to visit the zoo there. I’ve done some mean outlet shopping in Atlanta. :)

30. Kecia says:

We are planning a staycation to go enjoy all Atlanta has to offer. With so many attractions, I think we may need a whole week to do everything!!

31. we are only a 4 hour drive from Atlanta. We try to go every now and then because of how fun this city is.

32. Amanda says:

I have honestly never been to Atlanta! I I would love to visit one day!

33. I have been to so many places in Georgia but never atlanta. I really need to get there.

34. Amanda H. says:

What a great event for bloggers! I haven’t been to Atlanta yet, but definitely plan to one day.

35. Katie says:

I love Atlanta–I haven’t been in ages, but when we lived in Birmingham, we went all the time. I saw some great shows at the fox Theatre, went to baseball games, shopping…I love it! can’t wait to take the kiddos to the Aquarium.

So far I’ve only gone to World of Coke and I’ll do the aquarium this year. I know there’s a lot more to see though.

37. Chasing Jy says:

I really enjoyed the Coke museum. It was way cooler than I thought.

38. janeanedavis says:

I have not been to Atlanta for a few years and I remember it as a great place.

39. The New Classy says:

Yay! My husband and I will be visiting Atlanta in June and I am happy to have found this post. :) We know nothing about the area.

40. I have never been to Atlanta but it is one place I would like to see.

41. When I lived in Florida we were just an hour from the GA border. We loved taking overnights to Atlanta.