Top 5 #NetflixKids Movies That Teach Children About Science

Netflix has been a staple in my home for many years now. I love the hours of entertainment it provides for my family each month, whether we are at home or on-the-go. As a homeschool mom, I especially enjoy the many educational programs that Netflix offers. Check out these five Netflix Kids movies that encourage children to learn about science:

Netflix Kids Science Movies #NetflixKids

The Magic School Bus was one of my favorite series when I was a child, and I am so happy that I can share this program with my daughter through Netflix. We’ve learned all about the human body, the ocean, light, and more from this series. It’s a wonderful supplement to our homeschool curriculum because it keeps the learning fun!

What are your favorite science shows, movies, and apps for kids?

As a member of the Netflix Stream Team, I will receive compensation for sharing content with you on this site. All opinions come from my personal experiences with Netflix over the past 8 years (and counting!)

14 Flares Pin It Share 0 Twitter 12 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Email -- Email to a friend LinkedIn 0 StumbleUpon 0 14 Flares ×

27 Responses to Top 5 #NetflixKids Movies That Teach Children About Science

1. My two have always loved the Wild Kratts. What kid doesn’t love learning things about animals, though?

2. Brandy says:

We love Wild Kratts (maybe me more than the kids) and Jimmy Neutron! Great selections, I haven’t head of some of the others so will have to check them out since all we use is NetFlix and HuluPlus for tv!

3. I have to try that Wild Kratts. The other shows are fun too.

4. Chris Marie says:

I have seen Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius but not any of the other movies. Thanks for sharing your top 5 list….we will have to check them out!
    -Janel C.

5. Great roundup! My little cousins watch some of these.

The Magic School Bus movies are great because they are educational, too. My boys like to make an event of watching a movie with popcorn and snacks.

7. My daughter is kind of young for science videos but we have watched snippets of Sid the Science Kid. I’ll have to check these out when she’s older!

8. My boys love Peep. We watch shows on PBS as I like the educational value of them. And they throw in a joke for the parents to laugh at which makes it enjoyable for me. Thanks!!

9. Wild Kratts is such a great show!! so many great options on netflix

10. Rachael says:

I’ll have to tell my daughter about these shows. I’m sure my grandkids would love them.

11. Krystal says:

Jimmy neutron is a great one. It’s one of our favorites.

12. Kecia says:

My kiddo loves The Magic School Bus. We have watched every episode on Netflix, and most of the more than once!

13. sweetsavant says:

These are all great shows for kids to learn about science. My kids loved to watch The Magic School Bus when they were younger. Its wonderful that Netflix has so many options.

14. Jaime says:

My son watches several shows on Netflix – most are PBS shows. Sesame Street is always a hit, as is Dinosaur Train and Super Why.

15. It’s wonderful that Netflix has something for everyone! Programs that help educate kids are great.

16. My oldest used to love Jimmy Neutron! I forgot about that show. We love our Netflix.

17. Magic School Bus all the way! I remember when this was just a book, way before it was a series!

18. Amanda says:

We love Netflix! We watch The Magic School Bus and Jimmy Neutron all the time! ;)

My oldest loves Netflix and so does his wife! We don’t have it, but I think we’d like it too. We do have a Happy Professor Science DVD and a couple of Sid the Science Kid. Those are fun. :)

20. I love Jimmy Neutron! He was big when my oldest daughter was young, and my kids still watch it. I think The Magic School Bus will always be a classic – I remember watching and reading those in school!
    I didn’t realize that Netflix had those – I will have to let my kids know!

21. Toni Patton says:

I think this is the neatest thing. I love that Netflix will encourage my kids to have fun with science thanks to these shows.

We bought the complete collection of The Magic School bus.. and then it came out on Netflix. It’s nice to have it on two mediums though. Our preschooler LOVES the show.

23. Debra says:

I wish they still had the show 321 Contact, I loved that show on PBS when I was a kid. My kids have never seen The Magic School Bus, but maybe we’ll try that out.

24. My kids love the Magic School Bus and Wild Kratts! Heck, I used to love the Magic School Bus when I was their ages!

25. We love Netflix Kids! My boys love watching Wild Kratts and Magic School Bus, and I love having them watch those shows! They are always surprising me with what they’ve learned.

26. lisa says:

We have been a Netflix Family for years. I love the variety they offer for enjoyment and learning.

27. I grew up on The Magic Schoolbus! I’m so happy to see that it’s on Netflix.