Our #DisneySide Celebration: DIY Crafts, Activities, And More! #spon

I was thrilled to host a Disney Side @Home Celebration during the month of February. We had lots of exciting things happen that month: Danger turned FIVE, I turned THIRTY, snow days in Atlanta, and perhaps best of all – I was invited to attend this year’s Disney Social Media Moms Celebration at Disneyland!

DisneySide Party

My crafty Disney side was just aching to be released, so I got to work. My husband and I spent an entire week’s free time putting together some festive homemade elements to make our little gathering really stand out to our guests. I lost count of how many glue sticks were heated (and tried really hard to lose count of how many of my little projects had to be tossed for imperfections). Take a peek at our Disney Side DIY elements below, and let me know what you think!

Disney Side DIY Party

At the last minute, we decided to turn our little fiesta into a birthday party for sweet Danger.  These DIY cupcake toppers were my absolute favorite thing about our party. I’ll most likely share a tutorial and template for making your own cupcake toppers, so stay tuned!

Disney Cupcake Topper DIYThe photo booth backdrop (pictured above, with cupcake) was my BIG project. It took much longer than I originally had planned for, and we did run out of supplies. The Hidden Mickey provided just the right touch, don’t you think?

DisneySide Party Hats DIY

I whipped up these darling party hats fairly quickly. They were SO CUTE but kids these days don’t really wear party hats anymore, do they? I tried to make them more comfortable by using bobby pins to secure, but we bought the short pins that don’t open up easily. Lesson learned. The girl version included printed jewels for the girls to color, cut, and attach, but only my little Danger decorated hers (and it wasn’t until the day after the party that she got around to it.)

Disney Side Party Activities

Hanes sent a package of plain white tees and Crayola fabric markers for our guests to create Disney-themed shirts. The tween crowd really enjoyed this activity! I also got into the t-shirt decorating business. How’d mine turn out?

Hanes DisneySide shirt DIY

We also had a Goofy String battle in the backyard. All of the children enjoyed running around with a can of string to spray at their friends, and I loved that it shared the same name as one of my favorite Disney characters.

Perhaps the most popular party activity was the Tinker Bell zipline coming down from the Cinderella Castle treehouse. The children LOVED zooming down the zipline just like Tinker Bell!

DisneySide Tinker Bell Zipline

Disney Side Goody Bags

Disney also provided us with items to share with our guests as party favors. We received temporary tattoos, stickers, bracelets, calendars, and a beautiful Mickey and Minnie art print for each guest. We supplemented these gift bags with ZonePerfect kids bars and lenticular puzzles featuring our favorite Disney Jr. characters!

Let’s Keep The #DisneySide Fun Going!

You don’t have to be invited to host a Disney Side @Home party. Anyone can plan a small gathering to celebrate the magic and fun of Disney – anywhere and anytime! Visit the Disney Side Celebrations website for inspiration for your party. You will find recipes, activities, printables and more to get started.

Don’t forget to share your Disney Side with us on Instagram by tagging your pictures with the #DisneySide hashtag. Your images and ideas could show up on the Disney Side site!

Tell me about your Disney Side!

I received free products in order to host the Disney Side @Home Celebration. The opinions expressed here are my own.

10 Flares Pin It Share 0 Twitter 8 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Email -- Email to a friend LinkedIn 0 StumbleUpon 0 10 Flares ×

38 Responses to Our #DisneySide Celebration: DIY Crafts, Activities, And More! #spon

1. love the tinkerbell zipline! my kids would have flipped!

2. sippycupmom says:

Oh my gosh, so much fun! I love the shirts!

3. That looks like a great par-tay! I love the t-shirt decorating idea. How fun is that? My boys would love to do something like that.

Can I come to your parties from now on? You’re coming up with the best ideas!

How fun is that zipline? And those hats are adorable!

6. Love this.. secretly want to throw my daughter a Disney party but we’ve already decided on her paw patrol theme… that t shirt looks great… how do those wash… fade?

7. Kecia says:

A zipline at your house?! That is too cool. I love the hidden Mickey in the photo backdrop too – you did a wonderful job on that.

8. This looks like such a great party! I totally want a zipline at our house! That looks like so much fun.

9. woah! That zip line looks amazing. And your photo back drop? Fabulous. I hope you saved it to use it again.

10. louidam1 says:

This party looks like a lot of fun! You guys did a awesome job! Remember to invite me..hehe!

11. The zip line is amazing! When can I take a turn?! The cake toppers are gorgeous too. I remember seeing all your teasers on Instagram. Awesome party!

12. keikilanij says:

That is way too cool! I am sure that this will be a party remembered for many years to come!

13. Tiffany Cruz says:

We LOVE Disney here at our house. I really like the ideas you came up with. Now I want to let my kids decorate a white t-shirt. Thanks for all the great ideas.

14. That zip line is awesome! The party looks like it was a blast!

15. Janel C. says:

What an AWESOME Disney party! I LOVED all the crafts you and your husband made. The party hats are adorable (really love the princess one). Thanks for sharing!

16. Felicia says:

I love everything about this party!! We love Disney.

17. Your decorations look great. The cupcake looks terrific and I love the Mickey behind it, was that made of paper or flowers?

18. I love Disney! your crafts came out great, I especially like the shirt!

19. So cute! What kiddo doesn’t love Disney? It looks like it was an awesome party.

20. lisa says:

Looks like it was a great party! The tissue decorations are great and the t-shirt turned out awesome!

How very fun and cool! I love the picture with the birthday cupcake/candles, that’s precious. :)

22. That looks so fun! You really put a lot of effort into making it great!

23. Toni says:

Looks like y’all had a great party. I love the shirt!

24. Krystal says:

The party hats are adorable! I love seeing all these Disney themed parties.

25. Debbie L. says:

Such a cute party! I love the cupcakes and the decorations!

26. What a cute party! I love Mickey decorations and other products with him on it.

27. tee mccluskey says:

Really good ideas! I love the princess hat! I think we may try that one!

28. As a former cast member for Disney, I see hidden Mickey’s everywhere now., SO I love that project of yours…great touch!

29. Jenny says:

Looks like ya’ll had fun :)

Your disney side looks like so much fun. I’ve seen a coupel of these parties and I have to say you have the BEST T-Shirts, they’re a shirt I would wear!

31. Chelsea says:

I love the Mickey party hats. And the shirts are so fun!

32. You did an awesome job. Looks like you know how to throw a fun party!

33. Chasing Joy says:

I love the way you did the collage for your pictures. The Disney theme was in effect but not over the top. nice!

34. Jennifer says:

What a fun celebration! I love the Tinkerbell zipline!

35. Looks like a blast! I love the 5′s with her picture and mickey hat on them!

36. How cool! That zipline looks like so much fun!! :)

37. Oh what fun! I love the tee shirt decorating and think my older kids would love that as well.

38. Disney is one of my favorite movie companies, they are so kid friendly. I love that princess hat you created!