Are you planning a family trip to Disney World for spring break? The Orlando area is home to some of Florida’s best dining, entertainment, and resort properties, making it the perfect family vacation destination. There’s a little something for everyone in the heart of Florida. Check out my top four picks for family-friendly hotels near Disney World, and let the magic begin! *I’ve listed them in order based on price.

Disney Orlando #familytravel

Budget Property: Inn at Calypso Cay

On our first visit to Orlando last year, this hotel was the Country Inn & Suites Orlando Maingate at Calypso Cay Resort. Now it’s the Inn at Calypso Cay. I really enjoyed this property and its many amenities, from mini golf to the three themed pools.

Our suite was very spacious and kept us very comfortable during our weeklong stay. Danger had her own little nook, almost a separate room, with bunk beds and a television to occupy her downtime. My husband and I had a king-sized bed, flatscreen television, reading chair, and a desk in our part of the suite.

It was a quick drive to the Disney Parks, as well as the free Downtown Disney district, where we spent quite a bit of time (we just couldn’t stay away from Earl of Sandwich!)

Moderate Property: Sheraton Lake Buena Vista

The Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort is such a treat to visit! From the clean, beautifully appointed suites to the sprawling pool area, guests are pampered in every way. While I quickly became enamored with the bunk bed suite and its many amenities, my family couldn’t wait to check out the pool and splash pad.

The Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort offers many recreational activities and features, including two swimming pools, game room, fitness center, Top of the Palms Spa, and poolside guided activities. It was so nice to have so many amenities because we were able to add some fun to our downtime without ever leaving the hotel.

The proximity to the Walt Disney World Resort is an added bonus, and even better – a Dunkin Donuts across the street makes for a sweet stop on the way to the parks.

Premium Property: Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate

If you’re looking to escape some of the crowds but still be close to the Disney Parks, I’d highly recommend the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. This is a very quiet property with the most comfortable beds I’ve ever experienced. It’s a premium property, but if you can budget for it, you will not be disappointed.

The Omni line of hotels are extremely child-friendly, and make a busy (perhaps over-scheduled) family vacation much more enjoyable for everyone involved. From the comfortable beds to quiet rooms and extravagant pool facilities, the Omni is an incredible place to stay when visiting Disney World with children.

Disney Property: Disney’s Contemporary Resort

What’s better than staying on Disney property? Being only a monorail ride away from the Magic Kingdom and Epcot! Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers something for everyone, from nightly entertainment to character interactions to unique experiences. This is an amazing destination for family travel, because you just can’t get any closer to the Disney magic!

Are you planning a trip to the most magical place on Earth any time soon? If so, do you prefer to stay on Disney property or off?

You might also be interested in my post about how to extend a Disney trip on a budget!

I received complimentary rooms / deeply discounted rates to stay at these properties as part of the media. All opinions come from my personal experiences at each resort. Visit each resort link to read my reviews!

19 Flares Pin It Share 0 Twitter 17 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Email -- Email to a friend LinkedIn 0 StumbleUpon 0 19 Flares ×

39 Responses to 4 Family-Friendly Hotels Near Disney World That Are Perfect For Spring Break! #familytravel

1. I would love to just go to go to any Disney Park! It’s on my Bucket List…so hopefully one day…

2. We go to Disney World every year and stay on property at Caribbean Beach. It’s tradition now – that is just always where we go :)

3. My Granddaughter is headed to Florida for spring Break, I am not sure where they are staying but I am going to email this post to her.

4. When I visited Florida, we have stayed with family. I think staying at a resort at Disney World would be fun. Hope to try it in the future.

5. Oooh, I’ll make a note of this for when we travel.

6. My kids have been driving me crazy to go to Disney World! I’ll keep these places in mind! :)

7. This is such an interesting post! We have not made the trek to Disney World yet, but I’ve always wondered if it’s best to splurge and stay in a Disney hotel or save money and stay nearby. Hmmmm…

8. Jessica says:

I love staying on the property when we visit Disney! There is such a special feel about it. It’s hard to explain. The Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort is amazing. We have stayed there a few times now and had no complaints.

9. April says:

These at wall great choices, but I have learned my lesson and will always stay ON property for Disney vacations! A monorail ride away wouldn’t be so bad … But driving any distance away from the park has become a big no no for my family! ( Mainly because I get lost when I drive too much!)

10. brett says:

love going to Disney. and anything near it. great service and amenities! I want to go NOW tho!

11. sippycupmom says:

Thanks for sharing! We visit WDW a lot and are always looking for new places to stay.

12. sgrcom says:

I cannot wait to start planning our first Disney trip as a family. We’ve always stayed on Disney property,and I think we will do it again next time.

13. karenssoiree says:

These all look like really great options! Looking forward to visiting Disney with my daughter soon.

14. Felicia says:

Thank you so much for sharing these. We are always on the look out when we head that way.

15. Love Disney World! Can’t wait to plan a trip there!

Thanks for the hotel tips! We haven’t been to Disney in almost 5 years. We stayed on property because it was so convenient.

17. I can’t wait to stay at the Contemporary when we visit with Red. We’re saving all our pennies to be that close to the monorail and the Magic Kingdom!

18. We planned on going to disney this year, but sadly, I dont think we will make it. Change in college plans for my son might eat up our money. : ( These look good though!

19. Rachael says:

It’s good to know there are some other options. The Disney resorts can be so expensive.

20. I tend to stay on the monorail, so I’ve enjoyed the Contemporary before. I also loved the Polynesian and I stayed at the Grand Floridian last year.

21. I love in Orlando and just quit my career with Disney World, BUT I highly suggest staying on property if you are going to just be doing Disney on your trip. There are value Disney resorts that will fit into anyone’s budget while still providing all the extra benefits that an on property resort provides. Another great off site resort I suggest is Gaylord Palms. Very close to WDW and a vacation in and of itself!

22. I don’t think I’ve ever stayed at any of those hotels! We were in Orlando last weekend and we stayed at a new hotel, I think we always stay at a different place every time we go! LOL!

23. We actually stayed at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista when it was first built. A great place to stay off property.
    We are going to Disney this year – but we will be staying on Disney property – only because I won a trip through a sweepstakes! Only way we could afford it.

24. Orlando is an ideal place for spring break getaway! I am sure you and your family had great fun with your Disney trip. :)

25. I’ve got friends that are going to Disney over spring break. I’m so jealous. One of these days, I keep telling myself, I’ll get there!

26. Chelsea says:

For being the “budget” property, the Inn at Calypso Cay sounds really fantastic! I can’t wait to go to Disneyland with my future kids :)

27. I love disney. We’ve stayed on site one time and off site one time. I enjoyed both visits just the same!

We used to go to Disney all of the time when we were residents and got that great discount!! These days we don’t go so much, but if we did, staying in a property like that, close to the park, but still with some room to move, sounds ideal.

29. This is such a great blog topic. People who travel with family have different hotel needs than those who travel alone or for business.

30. A Mom's Take says:

I love staying at the rental home properties with a private pool. We went there last fall and LOVED it.

31. Great tips and good information to have handy… I love hotels because I can kick back and let someone else do the dishes. :-)

32. I have to say, if I could find a good hotel with a good pool I might wouldn’t go to Disney. Avoid the lines….who am I kidding, I totally would still go! Thanks for these suggestions ;)

33. Thanks for the hotel tips and information! haven’t been to Disney World before, but I am looking forward to visiting with my family in the near future.

34. My sister is planning a trip to Disney soon! I want to go when my girls get a little older!

35. Last time we went to Disney, we stayed on the property. Definitely the way to go!

36. I have never been to Disney, but I’d be game for any resort or property nearby that was cheaper!

37. Thanks for this! We’re planning our trip right now! Pinning for reference

38. I have stayed at three out of four of these hotels. Omni is the next hotel I want check out in Orlando.

39. The last time I went (about 15 years ago) we stayed about 15 min away. I hope when we take our little ones in a couple years we can stay right there.