Our View Of The Snow In Atlanta

I am one of the lucky ones.

There are so many others that were negatively affected by the snow in Atlanta. I could not even to begin to imagine what it would be like to sleep in a freezing car on a darkened highway, let alone to spend one night as our city’s homeless population does every.single.night. No, I was warm, I was fed, and I was – dare I say it? – content.

Danger and I spent quite a bit of time playing outside this week, making memories that will stick with me for a long time. (Get it? Stick?) ;)  Take a peek at what the snow looked like from our view, and let me know in the comments how you fared during the snow storm!

Day 1: Tuesday

Day 1: Atlanta Snowpocalypse

Day 2: Wednesday

Day 2: Atlanta Snowpocalypse

Day 3: Thursday

Day 3: Atlanta Snowpocalypse

And Day 4: Friday

Day 4: Atlanta Snowpocalypse

She asked me to share a lot of pictures on “her” blog, and I am more than happy to oblige. Although I might add a direct statement from sweet Danger on the topic of mommy blogs: “I want to blog about other things. I can blog better without kids.”

I hope that the weather is sunny and beautiful in your area this weekend! Did you receive any snow this week? How much?

7 Flares Pin It Share 0 Twitter 5 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Email -- Email to a friend LinkedIn 0 StumbleUpon 0 7 Flares ×

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Our View Of The Snow In Atlanta

1. LOL – this is so cute. Here in MA, that is basically nothing, but I know you guys never get snow, so you must have been all excited :)

We got a bunch here in coastal NC. Everything was shut down all week. Looks like you made the best of it!

3. Ashley says:

I was fortunate, like you. I was home before the worst hit and it only took hubs 3 hours to get home from work. No abandoned cars to worry about either.

4. MJ says:

I was lucky too. Being a SAHM has many perks. Adding avoiding weather is a definite bonus. My husband had to work and of course I was worried about him the whole time. I hope the city/state is ready for the next time. I was so sad about the children who had to sleep in schools and on buses.

5. Kita Bryant says:

I was home our county let out early but my hubs was stuck out there and did not make it home until late Wed. evening. It as a mess but the kids enjoyed the snow

We got 4 inches or so here and I’ve been in the house for about 5 days. Today it finally melted to where the roads are visible again. I noticed delivery services kicked in today and so things are getting back to normal.

7. Crystal says:

I bet it was a fun delight for kids in the area to actually have enough snow to play in! Here in Iowa we get MORE than our fair share of snow but it’s always a blast to be able to watch the kids enjoy the time outdoors!

8. no snow here in ct. actually too cold for it. :( i want snowman snow!

9. We are getting snow literally every other day. Its crazy! Im ready for spring!

10. Melissa says:

It looks like you had some fun days! I can’t even imagine what people were going through. Our snow has finally melted but we have more coming.

11. I love the mickey ears in the snow! Gosh I miss the winter weather. After living in Colorado for three years I have no idea how I made it back to Florida. I can’t wait to take my little girl back to visit and play in the snow!

How cute!!! Snow’s going everywhere this year!! I am amazed at who’s getting it, especially when they are so far south.

13. I was thinking about you all as I watched the news coverage of Atlanta. Crazy! I’m glad everyone is back home, safe and warm.

14. Alissa Boyle says:

I’m so glad you were able to stay safe and enjoy your time in the snow. Here in PA we’ve had so much more snow than a normal year. I don’t mind… as long as I don’t have to drive in it! Love your little one’s hat collection. So fashionable! :)

15. Melanie says:

We’ve gotten a bunch of snow over here. The kids get really excited about it, of course, but I’m looking forward to it warming up and melting away. It’s been way too cold!

16. We enjoyed our snow the first few days. Good to see your family also enjoy! By the 3rd snow storm we didn’t want to see any more snow much less play in it.

17. All that fluffy white snow is just so pretty! I wish we had made time to visit a colder climate for Christmas this year!

18. We had more snow days in January than we in the last 2 years combined. And it looks like it’s only gonna get worse. We’re expecting another 5-8 inches this coming week! While my kids normally enjoy the snow we get, the weather last week was subzero before the wind chill and -35 with the windchill so they didn’t get to play outside. :( I’m glad you were able to enjoy it!

19. Piera Jolly says:

Glad you made it through the week! Love the pics! I survived too, but was so sad to see so many Atlantans stuck on the highways, in schools, etc.

20. We’re with you! We were safe at home the whole time, with 3″ falling on us in 4 hours. I’m a smartie pants, and went to go get our bread, milk and pull-ups as well as filling up the car before the storm hit! Lucky and happy!

21. No snow for us here in NY this week, but I loved the return of the sun! Your photos are so great- don’t kids make snow so much more fun?

22. Paige says:

Looks like ya’ll had fun! Here in Memphis, we didn’t get any snow but I’ll be honest, I am perfectly okay with that.

23. Janel says:

Cookie cutters in snow is such a fun idea!! I love that!!

24. i find it funny that you had hats and gloves. when weather like this is so rare I wouldn’t think to have those accessories available

25. We still have snow on the ground from last week. Supposed to get another 3-6″ Monday- we’re snowed ou!

26. Jaime says:

We had a couple of inches over in western NC. :) I have friends in Atlanta and they did not have fun experiences this week!

27. So glad to hear you were all safe. That was some scary winter weather.

Awe, they had so much fun. Love the fun snow drawings.

29. Debi says:

I remember being a kid and never getting snow, then getting it for the first time. SO much fun.

30. April says:

We are still getting snow! This winter has to end soon! I can’t imagine how everyone in Atlanta must have felt. Very sad!

31. I love the Mickey shapes you made! I really never thought of taking cookie cutters out to play with in the snow, but we might have to do that tomorrow.

32. Cara says:

How cute is she? Love your snow pictures we got some sleet last Tuesday and my kids thought that was the best thing ever! They would die if they saw real snow! Glad you guys were safe and warm!