I Was Fine With Only One Child Until I Looked At This… #ww

Only Child

Some days, I really wonder about my decision to only have one child. Today is one of those days. Danger was such a sweet baby, and it often feels like I didn’t get enough time to truly enjoy her babyhood. She’s going to be five soon! Five!

While I do have the completely unbiased (of course!) opinion that Danger is just the most wonderful child, I can’t help but think that our next one would be her polar opposite. That’s usually how these things go, right? ;)

How many children do you have/want?

Feel free to leave a link to your Wordless/Wordy Wednesday post in the comments. I’d love to stop by and see what you’ve been up to lately!

7 Flares Pin It Share 0 Twitter 3 Facebook 4 Google+ 0 Email -- Email to a friend LinkedIn 0 StumbleUpon 0 7 Flares ×

33 Responses to I Was Fine With Only One Child Until I Looked At This… #ww

1. I have two. Two boys. I knew that I wanted two because I grew up with siblings and I wanted my kids to be able to play together and be best friends. I knew I only had two, so I had my tubes tied after my second.

2. OH! Baby Danger – so cute! If I venture for another one, he/she will be the most wild, terroristic, challenging kid on the planet. I got lucky with a healthy, smart, no-disability kid. I’m not sure I want to press my luck!

3. Desi says:

We have talked about this before… But just planning our one. I think every stage is amazing in it’s own way and I enjoy watching Raileigh grow and evolve. I am just trying to live in the moment because it all goes too fast .

4. I was one of 10 kids and I personally have 4. They can be best friends and the worst of enemies, all at once. Go with your gut, girlie…

5. Cara says:

I was an only child, it has its pluses and it’s minuses. I originally wanted 4 but then had 2 and I think that’s perfect for me and our family!

6. Mickey says:

My husband and I each have 2 siblings, so we agreed that we wanted 3 kids. We have 2 little girls who are best friends and their baby brother, whom they absolutely adore. We feel very, very blessed.

7. I am the 5th of 6. I have 3 kiddos of my own. While I would welcome another child, if that were the Lord’s plan, I am content that our family is complete with 3.

8. Honestly, I don’t want kids at all. I’m much more comfortable with my dogs, and pets, than I ever am around children. I grew up in a two sibling house, with my Mom, Dad, me, and my baby brother. You would be shocked how many people tell me I’m just going through a phase, or that I’ll want children someday, despite the fact that I literally have never wanted kids, LOL.

9. Ashley says:

Originally I wanted 4. I have 2. That’s more than enough for me.

10. Tammy says:

Every family has the right number of people for it! We have just one daughter and that is by choice, and our family of three is just right!

11. Cute Baby Danger!

I always wanted two kids, then I had Sawyer. For the longest, I thought I was done. Then he grew up and didn’t need Mommy as much anymore – that’s when we decided to have another. But we are DEFINITELY done now!

12. Amanda Love says:

I originally wanted 2 then I ended up with 3. 8 years after I had my son my miracle daughter and the inspiration of my blog popped up. I’m happy with my 4 and now couldn’t see my life without them. I’m so done now though. :) Here’s my Almost Wordless Wednesday Post. http://www.growingupmadison.com/2014/01/chinese-new-year-year-of-horse_22.html

13. Andre says:

One is wonderful. Two is terrible.

14. I have two kids – 11 months apart. And they are just perfect!

15. brett says:

I’m the youngest of 8. Hubby’s the youngest of 3. I’d have 2 more if I could, in a heartbeat. I have a 4, 6 and 8 year old.

I will say I haven’t met anyone in my travels through life on or off line who regretted adding another little one to their family but I have met folks who have expressed that they wish they’d had another chid.

So follow your heart. Whichever decision that brings you to.

16. Jaime says:

I have one. I’d love to have two, but I’m not sure it’s in the cards for us. We’ll see in another year or so. I have a brother and my husband has a sister, so I’d really love for our boy to have a sibling.

17. You and your husband have to make your own decision! I have a 6 year old angel, and even looking at her baby photos leaves me with absolutely no desire for another (and what if I had a BOY??). I honestly think my cutie is such a joy to me, that I can’t imagine a child more perfect. So, we’re happily done despite dozens of friends, family and even coworkers questioning my decision (how it is their business, I don’t quite know!). My husband would have 6 little ones running around if I let him, but no way!!

18. I have one precious little girl and sometimes I feel exactly the same way you do. I, myself, am an only child and my mother never planned on having anymore. In my heart I would love to have two children but I had hope that they would be close in age. At this point if I have another child there will be at least a five year difference. Besides I am super busy with just one! I can’t imagine having two little buggers running around all day :) Maybe in the future..

19. Children, to have or not to have them. How many to have, there are a million questions and only the people living in the house know the right answer.

20. Janel says:

We have 4 boys! And, we aren’t done yet! :)

21. What a cute kid! I would love to have 2 girls and 2 boys :-) maybe more! The merrier, the better right. Hopefully!

22. Paige says:

She is so cute! I have zero kids (so far) but I definitely want to have one one day!

23. i grew up wanting 4 kids, for as long as I could remember. I totally happy with 3.

24. I have only one child, and she is 16 now. There are days when I regret not having more kids, because I start thinking about how empty the house will be when she leaves for college. But really, I am fine with one kid. She is more than enough to keep me busy! LOL!

25. We have two girls and are very happy. We’ve also talked about possibly adopting in the future.

26. I have only one child and sometimes it’s so sad see him growing up. He’s nine already and soon I will not have a child at all. Just a teenager and then he will be off on his own, sigh.

27. I have three kids 1,5, and 6. My hands are full and we we are now “fixed” I do not want any more kids!

28. We don’t have any children. Although I do wish we could have at least one :)

I have too and I went round and round with myself about a third. I kept putting it off and then finally realized I didn’t really want another one.

30. I have two, and the moment I got pregnant my son was entering his terrible twos, he was just fine before that…but you never know how they will be. He was my little terror(I say that with a smile) and she was and is pretty easy.

31. April says:

I was an only child and wish all the time I had siblings! I have a very close network of friends but it isn’t the same. I have two but would love to have two more!

32. Angela says:

My son is an only child. I always wanted more but some health complications prevented it. I still sometimes consider adopting another child from the foster system.

We also made the decision to have only one child and it’s not always a decision I’m okay with. It’s a hard choice to make.