It’s flu season in Atlanta, and we all know what that means: It’s time to hide yo’ kids, hide yo’ wife, and hide yo’ husband cause they infecting everyone out here! The flu is pretty much the worst illness to catch at ANY time of year, but especially at the beginning of a new year. My family and I spent the beginning of 2014 snuggled up in bed with the flu, and it was awful.
Now that we are starting to get back to normal – finally! – I thought it would be nice to share with you the must-have products that got us through our week of torture. Because let’s face it: flu sucks. Find the list below, and make sure to check out the CDC site for updated flu information. Stay healthy, friends!
8 Must-Have Products To Fight The Flu
- FIJI Water – This water didn’t aggravate our sore throats like plain filtered tap water, which helped us to drink what we needed to get healthy.
- Ricola Natural Herb Cough Drops – These drops soothe sore throats caused by excessive coughing. You will cough. Might as well have relief.
- CARMEX Moisture Plus – This balm moisturizes dry lips, and boy, will your lips be dry!
- Netflix subscription – And an addicting show to get you through bed rest. We watched the entire Weeds series, partly because we just couldn’t do anything else.
- Campbell’s Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup – Delicious and filling and probably the only thing you’ll be able to eat for a few days…
- Scott bathroom tissue – This tissue is great for wiping runny noses! It doesn’t leave behind residue and doesn’t have a strange scent, either.
- h2O+ eye OASIS – This moisturizing stick has a cooling effect, and it helped ‘wake up’ my tired eyes. I pretty much have it with me at all times, but it was especially helpful during my illness.
- A forehead thermometer – You won’t want to use anything else! It’s fast, simple, and very accurate – not to mention super comfortable!
What are your flu-fighting must-haves?